Welcome to the Indie Author Project Regional Contests
Through these contests, libraries are helping local authors get the recognition they deserve for writing great books. The 2019 contests are now closed and judging is taking place. Check back later this year for results.
For indie authors, these contests are a powerful way to elevate your careers and writing goals, all through the library community. Along with the accolade of the award and its perks, being recognized by librarians creates credibility and visibility for indie authors in a growing marketplace of digital content and indie-published books.
Prizes and Eligibility
The winners of this contest will receive:
- $500 each in adult and young adult categories
- Minnesota winners will receive $1,000 each and Wisconsin will have one overall $1,000 winner
- Honors at the Public Library Association Conference 2020 reception in Nashville
- Opportunities to promote your book(s) at public libraries
- Inclusion in a full-page print spread in Library Journal
- The opportunity to be part of Indie Author Project Library Editions, a print book program focused on sales to public libraries and available exclusively for winners of these regional contests
- Additional prizes and opportunities vary by region
Each book that is submitted to the contest must be:
- In an adult fiction or young adult fiction genre
- Written by a resident of the contest's region
- Available in either ePUB or PDF format
If your book meets the above criteria, please click below to get started.
Don’t see your region included in the map on the left? Not a fiction author? Don’t worry, you can still submit here. Even if your region is not participating this year or your books are in other genres, you can still gain exposure and new readership by submitting to the Library Journal SELF-e program. After submitting to SELF-e, your eBook can be shared with participating libraries throughout your state or province, and if your title is chosen by Library Journal, it will also be available alongside other top indie reads in participating libraries all across the U.S. and Canada.
Having issues with your submission? Contact our support team.CONTACT SUPPORT