Welcome to the first annual Minnesota Author Project: Communities Create contest.
Brought to you by the Minnesota Library Foundation and libraries throughout the state, this contest seeks to celebrate Minnesota organizations and community groups that are producing written creative works. Whether your group has a short story collection coming out of a classroom, a local history book by a team of librarians, a poetry anthology from a writers group, a cookbook crafted by a local foodie society, or anything in between, this contest is for you.
Submissions for the 2020 contest are now closed.
Prizes and Eligibility
The winning organization/group will receive:
- $1,000 cash prize
- Honors at the 2020 Minnesota Library Conference
- Honorary plaque
- Printing of the winning book
- Opportunity to have the winning book available throughout the state in the Indie Minnesota collection on BiblioBoard Library
- Media promotion throughout Minnesota
Each book that is submitted to the contest must be:
- Created by a Minnesota-based organization or group
- Nonprofits, libraries, schools, writers groups, historical societies, etc. are all eligible
- One member may submit on behalf of their organization
- There are no genre or creation/publication date restrictions
- A recommended minimum length of 10,000 words or 20 pages
- Available in either ePub or PDF format
If your book meets the above criteria, please click below to get started.